Think and Grow Rich book by Napoleon Hill has had eighty years of life-changing impact to millions of successful entrepreneurs. It has already made an impact on my thinking. It is a must-read book for every freelancer, blogger or anyone looking to build a business.
The 13 essential elements one should have in one’s character to make it big.
The author has shared numerous examples of super-rich people he has interacted with. People like Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie to name the few. The author had the privilege to work with them and has shared they made it really big.
The must-read book for every entrepreneur, freelancer and blogger.
This book is on the list of Amazon’s best reads and well deserved to be on that list.
Table of Content
This book deals with the 13 steps to becoming rich and 6 fears that can keep you away from such richness. The 13 steps are the 13 chapters of the book and it is one of those books that has made a significant impact on my view to doing business online.
- Chapter 1: Introduction – THE MAN WHO “THOUGHT” HIS WAY INTO PARTNERSHIP WITH THOMAS A. EDISON
- Chapter 2: Desire – THE STARTING POINT OF ALL ACHIEVEMENT – The First Step toward Riches
- Chapter 3: Faith – VISUALIZATION OF, AND BELIEF IN ATTAINMENT OF DESIRE – The Second Step toward Riches
- Chapter 4: Auto-Suggestion – THE MEDIUM FOR INFLUENCING THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND – The Third Step toward Riches
- Chapter 5: Specialized Knowledge – PERSONAL EXPERIENCES OR OBSERVATIONS – The Fourth Step toward Riches
- Chapter 6: Imagination – THE WORKSHOP OF THE MIND – The Fifth Step toward Riches
- Chapter 7: Organized Planning – THE CRYSTALLIZATION OF DESIRE INTO ACTION – The Sixth Step toward Riches
- Chapter 8: Decision – THE MASTERY OF PROCRASTINATION – The Seventh Step toward Riches
- Chapter 9: Persistence – THE SUSTAINED EFFORT NECESSARY TO INDUCE FAITH – The Eighth Step toward Riches
- Chapter 10: Power of the Mastermind – THE DRIVING FORCE – The Ninth Step toward Riches
- Chapter 11: The Mystery of Sex Transmutation – The Tenth Step toward Riches
- Chapter 12: The Subconscious Mind – THE CONNECTING LINK – The Eleventh Step toward Riches
- Chapter 13: The Brain – A BROADCASTING AND RECEIVING STATION FOR THOUGHT – The Twelfth Step toward Riches
- Chapter 14: The Sixth Sense – THE DOOR TO THE TEMPLE OF WISDOM – The Thirteenth Step toward Riches
- Chapter 15: HOW TO OUTWIT THE SIX GHOSTS OF FEAR
The Impact Book has on me
The book is so well written that it is very tough for anyone to put it down. I am not a serial reader and like to read little every day but I couldn’t just put down this book.
The second most important impact has been, I am 38 and I was always thinking I am growing old but the book has changed my perception where author the best years for an individual are between 40 to 60 years often after 35. I am seeing such a big impact coming to my earnings for the past few years.
The truth is that man’s most useful years, mentally and spiritually, are those between forty and sixty. – Napoleon Hill
Burning desire, quick decisions and persistence for the long-term are well-known success mantra but other unconventional principles of success are mastermind groups, sex transmutation, imagination etc.
I did a self-analysis on the author’s principle and realized why some of my websites did well while others failed. Some of my websites that I closed because I had no burning desire and long-term persistence to succeed. They were good to have but the first stumbling block and I lost interest in them.
The other biggest impact the book has on me is on investing in the market. The author talks often about the 1929 Crash in the US market. As an investor, it helps me understand how the stock market crashes can make people quit.
Though this book’s title is about growing rich but this book isn’t about making money but it is about a philosophy of being rich. Richness can also be monetary but it may also be about gaining fame, power, personality or Happiness.
The book has had eighty years of life-changing impact and is a must-read book for every freelancer, blogger or for that matter anyone looking to build a business.
Further Reading …