The book “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J Schwartz first published in the 1959 still holds true to this very day and is a must read book for everybody especially the entrepreneurs and freelancers.
The book “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J Schwartz first published in the 1959 still holds true to this very day and is yet another must read book for everybody especially the entrepreneurs and freelancers.
First few chapters focuses on thinking big, it then moves over to many areas of personality and attitude development like:
- How to think positively
- How to think creatively
- How the right attitude can overshadow the talent
- How to be a better team player
- How to be an awesome team leader
- How to grow action habits
- How to setup growth habits with goals
- How to turn defeated situations to inspiring situations
And the list goes on and on and on.
The book cites numerous real life examples of people who have been in many scenarios and how just the difference in thinking made all the difference.
The best part that I like about the book is situations where you can test for scenarios where what an average person may think and what big achievers may think.
Awesome book and I have already tested a few things and it is really working well.
There are numerous things that I have implemented as I was going through the book but couple of things that I can think right off my head now are:
- I was not thanking people often but I have started thanking people around me for doing small good things and it has really helped me to build a good relationship.
- Being a freelancer I always get started working in my pajamas but then I never focused on dressing well enough. I would pickup anything from my wardrobe but this book taught me about dressing well to make you feel positive.
It has changed the way I think towards my business and people around me.
Readers who read this article also read …