Payoneer surveyed over 21,000 freelancers from 170 countries about their education, background, earnings and more. Some of the key findings are:
Payoneer surveyed over 21,000 freelancers from 170 countries about their education, background, earnings and more. Download the report from Payoneer here.
Some of the key highlights I found interesting in the survey are:
- In the field of IT & Programming, the average hourly rate is $21 and Game programming has the highest average hourly rate of $24 followed by developers at $23.
- 44% of the freelancers work 30 to 50 hours per week. 64% of freelancers work more than 30 hours per week. IT & Programming freelancers work less than 40 hours per week.
- 73% of the freelancers find work from freelancing website. 15% use social media and 14% use LinkedIn and other professional networking sites but I am shocked to see none of them have a blog as a source of clients for them. (I see blog is an opportunity for finding clients)
- Facebook and LinkedIn are the most used social media channels by Freelancers for finding work. (Use Facebook Groups and other social media sites to find clients)
- 17% of freelancers in IT & Programming spend 7 or more hours per week finding new clients.
- IT & Programming freelancer has the highest level of income satisfaction.
- Freelancers will like to make more money and want to have more ways to find client and work. Here is how to make more money without raising rates.
Further Reading …