An interesting Payoneer survey in 2018 of over 21,000 freelancers from 170 countries about their education, background, earnings and more.
Payoneer surveyed over 21,000 freelancers from 170 countries about their education, background, earnings, and more.
Download the report from Payoneer here.
If you wish to read my review of Payoneer, check it out here.
Some of the key highlights I found interesting in the survey are:
- In the field of IT & Programming, the average hourly rate is $21, and Game programming has the highest average hourly rate of $24, followed by developers at $23.
- 44% of the freelancers work 30 to 50 hours per week. 64% of freelancers work for more than 30 hours per week. IT & Programming freelancers work less than 40 hours per week.
- 73% of the freelancers find work from freelancing website. 15% use social media, and 14% use LinkedIn and other professional networking sites, but I am shocked to see none of them have a blog as a source of clients for them. (I know the blog is an opportunity for finding clients)
- Facebook and LinkedIn are the most used social media channels by Freelancers for finding work. (Use Facebook Groups and other social media sites to find clients)
- 17% of freelancers in IT & Programming spend 7 or more hours per week finding new clients.
- IT & Programming freelancer has the highest level of income satisfaction.
- Freelancers will like to make more money and want to have more ways to find client and work. Here is how to make more money without raising rates.
Readers who read this article also read …