I will give a very detailed review of Ozone Media Ad Network with facts and figures based on my experience. The process all started when a representative from Ozone Media used the contact form on my site with the following.
Greetings from Ozone Media!!
Ozone Media is India’s leading ad network and we are interested in buying some inventory on your website. Could you please connect me to the person in charge of online advertising? Look forward to your response.
I thought of giving them a try on my MBA Forum because my site audience is mainly from India and they termed themselves India’s leading ad network.
So here comes my view
As a Publisher
Being in India I can see the ads and found that ads are quite close to my site audience. Not very related but close enough for any CPM ad network (as they told). This was the main reason for me to continue using them for an elongated period of time and was the only positive thing as far as I am concerned.
When it comes to negatives it is slightly longer list.
- Ozone Media do not have CPC campaigns or CPM campaigns but all are CPA campaigns and you are not paid based on clicks and impressions but mainly based on action. This was the case with me where I was hardly paid any paise for clicks / impressions but whenever any action happened my earnings used to jump.
- Ozone Media does not allow defaulting to other ad networks when they cannot fill your inventory. When I inquired about the same they told that they will fill the inventory 100% and in review for TribalFusion I told what does 100% fill means. It just confirmed my above point about CPA Ads
- Payment term is Net 90 which is again a very long term to get payments. I have not seen any other good ad network that takes this long. Normally the payment term is in range of Net 30 to Net 60.
- I had a horrible experience with the payments. They have an accounts department which forget to pay me for a complete month despite me giving them call on a regular basis. The issue was resolved from next month onwards and I got the payment without any call needed from my end.
- The worst thing about Ozone Media is they pay only if you use their system to export a report and then manually send an invoice to your account representative each month. I think this is absolutely not needed and can be completely automated. I suggested them same and they told that they are in process of doing it. Few months and I still do not see any change.
As an Advertiser
When as a publisher I am not satisfied with the earnings I inquire to be an advertiser but when I inquired anonymously about the advertising rates it was 10 times more than what Google Adwords offers me and if you want to waste your money, Ozone Media is the right kind of ad network for you.
Ozone Media is an averagely good ad network provided your site audience is mainly from India and you use them as default to some other CPM ad network. They do not deserve to be the only ad network you can work with.
If you have more experience to share about Ozone Media share them in comments.
Further Reading …