It is not about knowing a particular technology or a particular programming language or a CMS to be a successful freelancer.
The most important skill to be a successful freelancer is communication. What you know is important but letting your potential client know what you know is even more important and then be able to convince your potential client:
- Why you are the best person to do it?
- What you will be doing and how?
- When can you deliver or atleast when you can start?
- How your price is a value deal for client?
My upwork proposal template lands me client almost always and it is because it removes all the fluff and answers all the above questions in a very short manner.
- Why I am the best person – Answered in my expertise para
- What I will be doing and how – Answered in the questions and suggestions section
- When can I start – The closing line of the proposal
- How my price is value – The complete proposal is a value because client get an expert who can start immediately and has a history to back the price.