Effective press releases have a consistent format which helps the reader (as well as third party publisher) to get the information about the PR very easily with a glimpse. The widely accepted format is
- Headline – Title that draws the reader
- Summary – Two to three sentence to sum up everything about PR
- Date & Location – You can include time and location which is related to press release. City, State/Country, Month, Day, Year…
- Body – Details of what we had in summary with facts and figures
- About you and or your company – More about you and your company which can help reader to know more about your product or services.
- Contact Information – Your Phone / Email / Website / Blog where they can get more information about you or your company.
- Closing with- Press release ends with 3 hashes. ###
Apart from following the standard format you should also have few qualities in your press release.
1. Easily Re-publishable
It is always good if you can make sure your press release is very easy to re-publish. You will be amazed to see how lazy webmasters are and just including an HTML version of your PR can increasing your chances of republish dramatically. Apart from HTML version you can also provide good quality and different sized logos and even your headshots in the press release.
2. Be Available
In Contact Information section of Press release make sure you provide all possible contact information like phone numbers / email address and make sure you reply to those phone / emails as fast as you can. There may be quite a few questions about your PR and if you can answer them quickly chances of getting it re-published can be increased dramatically.
3. Post them
If you think people will come to your place to interview about your releases, you need to be a major player in the industry. If not you should take all effort to post your PR where ever you can, on official blog, on social networking media etc. You never know who may be interested in the news and from where and can publish your PR to his audience.
Readers who read this article also read …