Footer Slideup Forms are best ways to get readers subscribed and My First Wordpress plugin adds the sliding Aweber’s Opt-In form in your Wordpress Blog footer.
There are many Footer Slideup form’s available but the problem is they all charge for the script and that is not one time fees but month on month fees for the script. Being a developer myself I thought of creating my own and many of my clients as well as blog users asked the same script from me and so here I come with my first official WordPress plugin AWeber Footer Slideup.
Footer Slideup Form is one of the best ways to ask your user to subscribe to your list without any interruption or blocking and this plugin does exactly that. It adds an AWeber subscribe form in the footer of your WordPress blog. AWeber is one of the better Auto-responders in the market and it allows you to send series of email message to subscribers. You can read my detailed AWeber review.
- Generate an Inline form using the AWeber Web form Interface.
- Grab the HTML code of your AWeber Form and Search for Hidden Div which lists all the hidden form fields for subscription. You will see it just after the <FORM> tag.
- Upload the plugin folder aweber-footer-slideup in the wp-contents/plugins folder.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Edit Options under the Menu ‘AWeber Footer SlideUp’. Paste the hidden div HTML Code generated in Step 2.
More detailed installation instruction are here
How to Edit the Tag Line Subscribe By Email for Weekly Updates?
Heading Tag Line (Optional) in the admin interface of the plugin. Leaving it blank will show the default tagline.
What is Tracking Image URL of AWeber Webform (Optional)?
AWeber RAW HTML Webform tracks the form views and other stats with an image. If you would like to see how many users submit using the footer form you need to add the unique image url of AWeber into the field value. Just near the form end tag you will see <img src=”SomeValue” border=”0″ />. Just copy the SomeValue from the HTML code and past it in Tracking Image URL of AWeber Webform. The Image URL will not be any normal jpg/gif like image.
If you have more queries and questions (Which I am sure you will have) Please post them in comments below and I will be more than happy to help you on this matter.
Readers who read this article also read …