The page at which a visitor first arrives is the landing page. Companies drive their traffic to those pages, intending to increase sales by directing customers to important parts of their site. Landing pages can serve as road maps, information collectors, and sales tools. As a blogger, you should have a landing page to increase your sales - here's why!
- Primary point of contact: The landing page is the first point of contact for your viewers. It will set the tone for the rest of their interaction with you. This is your opportunity to take the customer by the hand and guide them into making their first purchase with you. The landing page is the doorway.
- Clear call to action: Your website may offer many things to the casual visitor. This might leave them confused about which path to follow next. Having a landing page provides them with a clear call to action. If you want your users to sign up for your newsletter, use compelling text to send them to that page. Those visitors will opt-in to your newsletters, opening the door to future sales.
- Strengthen your brand: Your blog is an extension of your personal brand. Your landing page enhances your personal brand by offering a clear and simple message about what you have to offer. These types of messages are appreciated by customers because you are making the interaction as easy as possible. As you enhance your brand, you are generating authority and trust. That trust converts into sales numbers.
- Enhance contact: Your landing page is not supposed to directly sell to your customers. Your landing page is intended to get users to sign up for your weekly newsletters. You might offer your viewers a link to your RSS feed or videos which further introduce you. Each point of enhanced contact is an opportunity to prove your trustworthiness and honesty, thereby increasing sales of your products.
- Save time and effort: All of your advertising directs your viewers and potential customers to a single point of contact. That single point of contact helps you determine the effectiveness of your campaign and becomes the focal point of your site. As such, if you want to experiment with your text or layout, you merely change the landing page instead of your entire site.
- Landing pages enhance viewer trust: Provide familiarity to the customer through the use of a landing page. Are you more likely to purchase from a friend or a total stranger? Give your customers a little bit of insight into who you are and what you enjoy. They should have a reason to trust you, something with which they can empathize. This attitude brings you away from 'salesman' to the realm of 'trusted advisor.'
- Overcome objections: There may be objections to joining your newsletter. Your viewers may have been burned by an unscrupulous marketer who used your email address as an opportunity to send self-serving spam every hour. Reassure your viewers that you have no intentions of betraying their trust. Let the customers realize the value of your free product.
Your landing page should engage your visitor and entice them to subscribe to your newsletter. It provides a single point of contact, strengthening your brand, and converting your visitors into customers. Your landing page is essential to sales.