Chitika has been on of my favourite CPC Ad network (See why here) until last month when they started lot of upgrades (as they term it). In the middle of all such upgrades page views and earnings is tending towards zero and I see a very canned response for each question that I shoot to them.
They always reported un-audited earnings and actual earnings used to be slightly different from reported earnings but I think if the fluctuation was within a limit it was fine but recently they had many issues such as no reports or zero earning reports. Now to add to the shock they announced at the official blog that there are more changes in reports. The thing which concerned me was
With the addition of these CPM ads, we will no longer be reporting on clicks. Because of this, the CPC and CTR values in your reports now become quite irrelevant and alter your focus from your actual revenue earnings.
I think this is absolutely ridiculous. We know that Adsense also started showing CPM ads from other Ad network but that does not mean they stopped showing how much we earned from clicks and yes per click earnings is elevated for each click due to CPM earning added but then CTR and other metrics are still very helpful in knowing which ad unit is performing and how.
I always love to make lot of tests with my stats and each of the metrics gives me a little more clue to my next test. If you add more stats it is always fine for me but if you take them away you are trying to fool me and that too if it is one of the most important one i.e. CTR.
Beginning May after exchanging few emails about my doubts and queries I finally decided to quit Chitika and started to look for alternatives and I found Chango which is pretty much inline with the previous version of Chitika which I really liked.
Similarities between Chitika and Chango
- They show Ads to Search Traffic from US and Canada.
- Non-contextual and so is fully compatible with Google Adsense.
- CTR and eCPM close to what it used to be with Chitika previously.
- Like Chitika you can collapse your Ads to nothing for non-search based traffic or traffic where Chango does not have any ads to show.
- Exactly the same referral program as Chitika.
Difference between Chitika and Chango
- Chango supports lesser Ad formats than Chitika but they do support popular IAB standard sizes.
- Chitika minimum payout is $10 but Chango has this value a bit higher to $25 which is again not very high and should be fine for majority of publisher.
- Chitika is following Adsense to become CPM Ad network yet Chango is still 100% PPC ad network.
Here are Sample of How Chango Ad looks.
If you are unable to make much through Chitika, try Chango.
But if you are not planning to subscribe through Email. Try subscribing to RSS.