When it comes to blogging tips it cannot be given any better than Darren Rowse ( The Man Behind Problogger.net ) and as I follow his blog and have gone through his book about secrets of blogging I would like to compose some blogging tips. These tips are mainly from the knowledge I got by following problogger blog and his book. Undoubtedly the book deserve to be best seller in Blogging and Blogs category at amazon
I have tried to categorize the tips into categories like reader, writing, marketing tips but at times they become difficult and you would see lots of overlap. Blogging is long term money making prospects and if you plan to make quick money in short time, quit blogging now. The most important tip according to me should your love for blogging and nothing more but still
- Don’t Schedule yourself to write your posts but let the posts force you.
- Stay focused with small and short paragraphs and don’t be scared of your own views on anything no matter how odd it looks to you.
- Write unique, interesting and engaging content you love to write about using your own perspective with honesty and passion.
- Try blogging consistently and regularly about relevant and up to date subjects in your industry.
- Interact with not only your readers but also readers of other blogs and specially your competitors.
- Write it informally with lots of fun elements. Make it look like you are answering an email from a friend.
- Write whats in your mind and have good grammar. If you do not have control over grammar use Microsoft Word to make it better to an extent to start with and try learning your grammar as you move along.
- Proofread many times your articles for misspellings.
- Give credit where due and always linkback to your sources. Good blogging is nothing without community & respect.
- Respect your readers and don’t ignore them. If they have some suggestion to offer, listen to it and work on it but if you cannot work on it atleast listen to it and tell them why you cannot work on it now but would consider it later.
- After the title next best thing is the opening lines. They are what compel your reader to either read on or move along. I prefer to use the opening lines for meta description.
- Don’t blog what you think people want to hear. Blog what you truly believe in. Be passionate, and stay true to yourself.
- Be helpful, informative to your reader, even if that means blogging less!
- Learn to how to give first to your reader.
- Don’t Rely on the fact myth that good content would find readers but try getting readers to your blog from your own circle on Facebook, by Stumbling, on Twitter
- Make your blog worth reading. After your last preview ask yourself why would anybody read this article. And add an image that adds the feel of your article.
- Excite and entice , encourage the reader to get involved and think. “Don’t bore your readers with preaches.”
- Be passionate and serious about blogging. If you aren’t 100% passionate about your topic, change now.
- Brand yourself and make your authority felt in your blog.
- Don’t be ‘Yet Another Blogger’ there are a millions, try to be unique.
- Don’t sell out or try flipping game because you may decrease your own value.
- Blogging is a great way to present your thoughts and ideas – be open, honest and original in what you write
- Readers want to know you, not just what you know. About, Picture, contact info … i.e. Be available.
- Dump blogger / wordpress and go self hosted wordpress. Read Blogspot Vs WordPress
- Think about blogging when you are not actually blogging. i.e. When you are in coffee shops or at other places.
- Note down the thought before it evaporates. I have more drafts in the blog then the number of posts at times.
- Don’t Be stataholic or adsense Freak. If your blog is new don’t login to your Adsense account daily to verify how much you made today.
- Keep writing good and unique content and do not quit. If it does not get good readership it would get eventually.
- Buy your own domain. Hosting does not cost much these days. Check out Best Shared Cheap Hosting these days.
- Be concise when it comes to writing. Increasing the Length of your article will not make it any better.
- If you overcome some problem its a good article content for your site.
- Don’t try to please everyone with your content but try to be honest.
- Do not spend most of the time writing but try giving more time to promoting your blog as well. Be it online or offline promotion.
- Mastering your Title of the post is an art. You should select your title in a manner that it entices user as well as contains the search terms.
- If you are trying to review any new product, try to post early and at times be the first one to review it. You would have upper hand when people start searching about it in Google.
- Remember Quality would always supersede quantity. Write posts you yourself would want to read, or else don’t write.
- Leave relevant & interesting comments on other blogs.
- Write for people and not for search engines and search engines would follow you.
- Don’t forget your keywords when you are in the middle of your post.
- Organize your content, categories and tags which is easy to navigate.
- Follow your competitor and see what questions are their readers asking in comments and try answering them in your blogpost.
- Use the best tools in the business like WordPress over Blogspot, Aweber over Feedburner and GetResponse.
- Don’t only concentrate on Social Media and Search Engine Marketing but you should also focus equally on Email Marketing from Day 1.
Last but not the list try to follow these tips l0l and if you have more tips leave them in comment and I would try to add them to the list.
But if you are not planning to subscribe through Email. Try subscribing to RSS.